Kay Kennard

Friday, July 30, 2010

Tool #4 Google Docs and Reader

I loved the idea of the Goodle docs. I am having a little trouble getting my documents that I want to share to work, but I was so impressed with what we can do with it. I tried it with our front office staff in revising a responsibilities chart. I was able to view it, but having difficulty getting others to view and make changes even though I gave them rights. I can see this working with so many activities that we actually have to meet to complete. I like the idea that we can get feedback at our convenience.
As far as the Google Reader it is a wonderful tool for my own professional development. I like the idea that it continually links to areas I want to learn about.
I can really see how both of these tools can support a creative way to enhance instruction. I can see teachers putting a writing draft on an activboard and giving rights to all the kids and having them make changes that would automatically be seen by all of them. What a wonderful way to have everyone engaged in the lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment